|Owner Name: Rollinsford Water & Sewer District||Project Number: 21097|
|Project Address:||Locust Street and Prospect Street||Rollinsford||NH||03869|
Separate sealed BIDS for the construction of the Locust Street and Prospect Street Water Main Replacement project which consists of the installation of approximately 1,300 linear feet of 8-inch PVC water main along Locust Street, Station 2+25 to Station 13+70 on profile plan, (between Main Street and Willey Street) to replace the existing water main.
The work includes the replacement of water main, appurtenances, temporary water mains/services, valves, and hydrant assemblies; water service connections; water service connections beyond right of way; and interconnections with other streets within the limits of work.
In addition, the following streets will be considered as Bid Alternates to the project, replacement of existing water mains on the following streets:
- Bid Alternate A: Installation of approximately 480 linear feet of 8-inch PVC water main on Locust Street, Station 13+75 to Station 18+40 on profile plan, (between Willey Street and Pine Road).
- Bid Alternate B: Installation of approximately 430 linear feet of 8-inch PVC water main on Prospect Street, Station 9+05 to Station 13+60 on profile plan, (between Willey Street up to/near house #467 Prospect Street).
- Bid Alternate C: Installation of approximately 1,055 linear feet of 8-inch PVC water main on Prospect Street, Station 2+09 to Station 9+05 on profile plan, (between Main Street up to/near house #467 Prospect Street).
The Bid Alternates work also includes the replacement of water main appurtenances, temporary water mains/services, valves, and hydrant assemblies; water service connections; water service connections beyond right of way; and interconnections with other streets within the limits of work.
Bids will be received by the Rollinsford Water & Sewer District at 5, Lower Mill Road, Rollinsford, NH 03869 on March 15, 2023 until 11:00 AM and then at said office publicly opened and read aloud.
- Completion time for the project will be calculated as calendar days from the date specified in the “Notice to Proceed” as follows:
|180||calendar days for substantial completion includes Base Bid, Bid Alternate A, Bid Alternate B and Bid Alternate C.|
|210||calendar days for final completion includes Base Bid, Bid Alternate A, Bid Alternate B and Bid Alternate C.|
Liquidated damages will be in the amount of $1,500, for each calendar day of delay from the date established for substantial completion, and $1,500 for each calendar day of delay from the date established for final completion.
- Each General Bid shall be accompanied by a Bid Security in the amount of 5% of the Total Bid Price.
- The successful Bidder must furnish 100% Performance and Payment Bonds and will be required to execute the Contract Agreement within 10 days following notification of the acceptance of his Bid.
- Any contract or contracts awarded under this Advertisement for Bids are expected to be funded in whole or in part by:
- A loan from the NH DWSRF.
- A grant from the NH Drinking Water and Groundwater Trust Fund.
- The successful Bidder on this work is required to comply with the President’s Executive Order No. 11246 entitled “Equal Employment Opportunity” as amended by Executive Order 11375, and amendments or supplements thereto, and as supplemented in Department of Labor Regulations (41 CFR Part 60). The requirements for bidders and contractors under this order are explained in the Information For Bidders.
- Utilization of Minority and Women’s Business Enterprises (MBEs and WBEs). The successful Bidder on this work must demonstrate compliance with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s MBE/WBE rule in order to be deemed a responsible bidder. The requirements for bidders and contractors covered by this rule are explained in the Information for Bidders.
- The successful Bidder on this work is subject to U.S. Department of Labor’s Davis Bacon wage provisions.
- The successful bidder on this work is subject to the “American Iron and Steel (AIS)” requirements of the CWSRF and DWSRF program.
- No Bidder may withdraw a Bid within 60 days after the actual date of opening thereof.
- A virtual Non-Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference will be held via Microsoft Teams virtual meeting for on March 01, 2023 at 11:00 am. The meeting invite will be issued to all planholders prior to the meeting.
Bidding Documents may be obtained in PDF format on-line at https://www.wright-pierce.com/projects/. Interested parties will be furnished one PDF download set of Bidding Documents at a cost of $50.00 per download. No paper sets will be distributed by the Issuing Office.
To be considered a responsive Bidder, the Contractor shall have obtained at least one set of Bidding Documents from the Issuing Office. The Bid will not be awarded to a Bidder unless a record for obtaining at least one set of Bidding Documents exists in the Issuing Office. To meet this requirement and to establish the record of receipt, a prospective Bidder must obtain Bidding Documents using the name that is to appear on the Bid Form. It is each Bidder’s responsibility to check the website for Addenda.